Set up a Multi-Cloud HarperDB Cluster using Terraform, AWS and Azure. Configure HarperDB Clustering (replication) so that the Instances share their data and lower the overall global latency for your project.
- Install Terraform CLI and the respective AWS and Azure CLIs for authentication.
- Create Terraform files, splitting them into modules for better organization.
- Clone the GitHub repository for the project and deploy the infrastructure using Terraform.
- Obtain Public IP addresses for the containers from AWS and Azure consoles.
- Implement geo-routing for Users' closest region using AWS Route53.
- Add the Instances deployed earlier to HarperDB Studio and enable clustering.
- Connect the Instances together in the HarperDB Clustering interface.
- Deploy Custom Functions code to the HarperDB Cluster nodes, using the deploy-custom-functions.js script.
- Deploy the project to other HarperDB Nodes from HarperDB Studio.
- Run the setup route on each host where the API Gateway code is deployed using Curl.
- Test caching response time using Curl or Postman.
- After completing the project, easily destroy all resources created using one command.
Check out the Video Tutorial.