This Select* podcast episode features Ben Matthews, Director of Engineering at Stack Overflow, for a discussion on leading an engineering team and the future of software development.
Questions covered include:
- Background / journey in tech, what are you working on now?
- What's it like leading an engineering team at a large company, what are some of the biggest challenges?
- How do you blend engineering and product visions to make sure everyone is working towards the same goal? What are some challenges around cross-team functionality in this sense?
- Tips for devs wanting to climb the ladder or get to a similar role that you're in? Advice you would give your younger self?
- What technology / framework / etc. are you super excited about right now or wanting to dig into?
- Predictions for software development over the next few years?
Ben Matthews is a Director of Engineering at Stack Overflow with nearly 20 years of experience in developing technology and building high-performance technical teams. He’s passionate about helping people grow in their roles and empowering people to build great things.