Stephen began his career interning for Sequoia Software in the mid ’90s. He soon found success in the tech space, working as a CTO and CEO of multiple startups and in other roles at larger organizations like Red Hat. He is well-recognized as a leader in the industry.
At HarperDB, Stephen’s dedication to the company’s mission and values has helped grow the company by 100% over the past year. He has obtained two patents throughout his career, and was awarded the Bill Daniel’s Ethical Leader of the Year award in 2023.
Enjoys speaking about:
• Mindfulness, Journey in tech
• HarperDB founder story
• What we learned from going to market too early
• Wandering into wilderness of IIoT to find our fit in Edge
• Launching in an Open Source dominated market with a premium/freemium product
• Scaling team: bringing in new smart people, keeping culture and what makes us great
• Scaling a product and obtaining global customers/partners, even with a small team.
• Preserving company culture through stages of rapid growth, and living up to our values around transparency, accountability, and authenticity.
• Authentic, Transparent, and empathetic leadership.
• CEOs & CTOs
Has appeared on:
• Stack Overflow Podcast
• Data Engineering Podcast
• Tech Talks Daily
• Over the Edge
• Championship Leadership
• 21st Century Entrepreneurship
• Super Entrepreneurs
• Master Leadership
• Titan 100
• Bill Daniels Ethical Leader of the Year